Houston-Area Dog Nearly Dies After ACTUALLY Eating a Kid's Homework
Photos courtesy of Blue Pearl Vet
A mischievous dog found himself in serious trouble last week after he ate his owner's homework, a model of the Middle Ages that included plastic farm animals, metal wire fencing and model structures.
Yes, dogs apparently do really eat homework sometimes, and in this case, he ingested plastic cows. As you can probably guess, it didn't work out so well for the poor pup.
Reagan Hardin had been using all sorts of undigestible objects to build a model of a Middle Ages farm manor for her AP history class project last week. The Magnolia West High School sophomore even added plastic animals and constructed a wire fence around the project.
But Reagan's dog Roscoe, a five-year-old mixed breed, decided to take a nibble out of the metal wire when she wasn't looking, and not only tore the project to pieces, but ate some of the objects that went along with it.
Houston Texans vs. Arizona Cardinals
TicketsSun., Nov. 19, 12:00pm
Rice Owls Football vs. North Texas
TicketsSat., Nov. 25, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. San Francisco 49ers
TicketsSun., Dec. 10, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
TicketsMon., Dec. 25, 3:30pm
Houston Open - Good Any One Day Grounds
TicketsSun., Apr. 1, 11:59pm
Reagan's mom, Kristen Barker, found the remnants of the ill-fated manor, and quickly realized that quite a few of the objects were missing. She rushed Roscoe to the emergency vet, who confirmed that the dog had a stomach full of undigested project pieces.
The emergency vet sent Roscoe on another trip to handle those plastic cows -- this time to the internal medicine specialists at North Houston Veterinary Specialists, a BluePearl Veterinary Partners' hospital -- where they were able to remove those objects from Roscoe's stomach with an endoscope one by one.
It was a pretty lucky break for the curious critter, who would have been facing some serious side effects from the dangerous objects in his belly had the vet not stepped in.
"Endoscopy saved Roscoe's life," said Barker. "Endoscopy was our first-line attempt to retrieve the contents he ingested because of cost and what was actually best for him. If he would have had surgery instead, the cost would have tripled and he would have had several weeks of recovery with potential complications."
Roscoe is now recovering from his adventure with the Middle Ages manor, and Reagan has completed a second version of the ill-fated project. Maybe put that one on top of the fridge this time?