Lindsay, Britney, Obama and Hello
You are looking LIVE! at the Houston Press’ new Hair Balls blog. Take a second to luxuriate in the subtle, distinctive logo.
One of the ways we hope to get things going here is by interacting with you. Feel free to comment, drop me a line at email@example.com or call me at 713-280-2479. All tips, compliments and disses encouraged.
It may take a while to get our rhythm, but if there are five things we’ve learned about blogs, it’s:
1. Lists. Make lots of lists. Like this.
2. Mention the starlet-of-the-day in as many headlines as possible, so search engines will drive traffic to you. (If you see a headline saying “Drunk, Pantyless Lindsay Lohan & Metro’s Plans to Expand Light-Rail,” just don’t pay attention to the first part.)
3. Also, nip slips are an extremely important phenomenon in modern American life. Please send in any and all photos of Houston women experiencing nip slips. We're not sure why this is important -- we've all seen nipples -- but it apparently is.
4. Print every Obama rumor you can. We're working right now on an exclusive involving him and a pantyless, drunk Lindsay Lohan.
5. Every list must include some piece of criticism that will rile up an extremely dedicated bunch of commenters. Therefore we declare: The new iPhone sucks, as does everything Apple puts out; Ron Paul's ideas are unconstitutional and Battlestar Galacatica is better than Star Wars. (We have absolutely no idea about two of those three, by the way.)
Anyway, welcome and check back early and often.
-- Richard Connelly
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- What Would a Four Super-Conference College Football Structure Look Like?
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 2:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 6:00pm
- A Seismic Shift: What is the Future of the Big 12?
- Blue Bell is Back and Mattress Mack is Celebrating (Of Course)