Lindsay, Britney, Obama and Hello
You are looking LIVE! at the Houston Press’ new Hair Balls blog. Take a second to luxuriate in the subtle, distinctive logo.
One of the ways we hope to get things going here is by interacting with you. Feel free to comment, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 713-280-2479. All tips, compliments and disses encouraged.
It may take a while to get our rhythm, but if there are five things we’ve learned about blogs, it’s:
1. Lists. Make lots of lists. Like this.
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. St. Thomas University Men's Basketball
TicketsWed., Dec. 21, 7:00pm
Advocare V100 Texas Bowl
TicketsWed., Dec. 28, 8:00pm
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. Middle Tennessee State Univ Blue Raiders Mens Basketball
TicketsThu., Jan. 5, 7:00pm
PRCA XTreme Bulls
TicketsFri., Jan. 6, 7:30pm
2. Mention the starlet-of-the-day in as many headlines as possible, so search engines will drive traffic to you. (If you see a headline saying “Drunk, Pantyless Lindsay Lohan & Metro’s Plans to Expand Light-Rail,” just don’t pay attention to the first part.)
3. Also, nip slips are an extremely important phenomenon in modern American life. Please send in any and all photos of Houston women experiencing nip slips. We're not sure why this is important -- we've all seen nipples -- but it apparently is.
4. Print every Obama rumor you can. We're working right now on an exclusive involving him and a pantyless, drunk Lindsay Lohan.
5. Every list must include some piece of criticism that will rile up an extremely dedicated bunch of commenters. Therefore we declare: The new iPhone sucks, as does everything Apple puts out; Ron Paul's ideas are unconstitutional and Battlestar Galacatica is better than Star Wars. (We have absolutely no idea about two of those three, by the way.)
Anyway, welcome and check back early and often.
-- Richard Connelly
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.