Lunar Eclipse: Viewing Tips That Might Or Might Not Be Useful
The lunatic is in the grass, trying to see an eclipse through the clouds
It's Lunar Eclipse Night!! Feel the excitement!!
What? You're not on the edge of your seat? Check out this paragraph from ABC News:
If the sky is clear, experts say the show might be extra spectacular, as the moon will have a reddish glow.
Viewing a lunar eclipse is no simple thing, however. Here are five tips for the novice, each of which might be totally worthless, if you plan to be out between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. tonight:
5. Cue up Dark Side of the Moon just as Dorothy gets on the bike with Toto. You won't believe what happens.
4. In order to view the eclipse, YOU MUST build an elaborate gizmo involving a cardboard box and a pinhole. You can go blind staring directly at the moon, even when it's in eclipse. We're sure we read this somewhere.
3. Drinking game: Take one shot/slug of beer whenever you feel like it, because it's probably going to be too cloudy anyway.
2. Impress your friends with this bit of scientific knowledge: The moon orbits around the Earth, not vice versa.
1. Reason to be glad you're trying to view the eclipse in Houston: You're not standing outside freezing your ass off trying to see something that is not going to be that big a deal.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Cougars Easily Dismantle Navy, Win 52-31
- Legendary UH Coach Guy V. Lewis Dies at Age 93
- Saints-Texans — Four Things to Watch For