Mel Gibson's Rant: Five Celebrity Rants He's Competing With
Mel Gibson's lunatic rant has made it online, which means we can stack it up against other lunatic rants.
1. Alec Baldwin. Things you don't want to be caught shouting at your pre-teen daughter: "You're a rude, thoughtless little pig" and "I don't give a damn that you're 11 years old or 12 years old or a child." The last one because it shows you do realize you're frothing at a kid, and also that you don't know how old this kid of yours is. No direct threats of violence, though.
2. Lee Elia. Who is Lee Elia? He used to coach the Chicago Cubs in 1983, until he was caught on tape railing against the fans who showed up to the (mostly daytime) games and booed. He calls them "nickel-dime people and then really goes off (NSFW):
The motherfuckers don't even work. That's why they're out at the fuckin' game. They oughta go out and get a fuckin' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a fuckin' living. Eighty-five percent of the fuckin' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A fuckin' playground for the cocksuckers. Rip them motherfuckers. Rip them fuckin' cocksuckers like the fuckin' players. we got guys bustin' their fuckin' ass, and them fuckin' people boo.
That'll get people down to the ol' ballpark, Lee!! was fired soon after.
3. Christian Bale. He is going to kick his fucking ass!! The highlight for us: the way he draws out "it's fucking distraaacting" and the sarcastic "Oh, goooood." Also how he asks director McG to do something, and McG completely wusses out from doing anything, which conceivably could have included Bale to take it down a notch. Bale did sound sincere in his apology, for what that's worth.
4. David O. Russell
You have to go to the minute mark here, but pompous, preciousI Heart Huckabees
director David O. Russell goes off on Lily Tomlin. "Hey bitch, I'm not here to be yelled at and have some fucking c___ yell at me in front of the entire fucking crew W" is always a classy thing to be shouting. We're sure it was all a ruse to get a better performance.
|The Colbert Report||Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Bill O'Reilly Inside Edition|
The original is linked to O'Reilly's name, but we preferThe Colbert Report
's take on it.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- #BlackLivesMatter Faces Backlash After Deputy’s Slaying
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 2:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 6:00pm
- College Football: Five Best Bets On Season Win Totals
- With No Funding, Texas Race Tracks Ordered to Close — at Least for Now