"Natural" Texas License Plates: The Mind Assumes Weed, and the Vanity Plates Deliver
This one is not available.
Ever on the lookout for more ways to praise the Lone Star State -- and make a few more bucks in the process -- the people at myplates.com are now offering "Natural Texas" vanity license plates.
A field of weeds, the plates look like -- not exactly inspiring. To myplates, though, they shine: "Bluebonnet, Primrose, and Texas Paintbrush. They're all there. Growing along the bottom of these new official Texas license plates. The design, called Natural Texas, features the most popular wildflowers in Texas," the company says.
Ten percent of the base plate price goes to the Texas Parks & Wildlife Foundation, which is nice.
Talk of "natural, " Texas" and weed-like flowers can lead the mind in another direction, however. Can myplates deliver?
Houston Texans vs. Arizona Cardinals
TicketsSun., Nov. 19, 12:00pm
Rice Owls Football vs. North Texas
TicketsSat., Nov. 25, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. San Francisco 49ers
TicketsSun., Dec. 10, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
TicketsMon., Dec. 25, 3:30pm
Houston Open - Good Any One Day Grounds
TicketsSun., Apr. 1, 11:59pm
7. Snoop One of the Sierra Blanca holy trinity that includes Willie and Fiona Apple, you can choose to honor Snoop with your new plate if you wish.
Bad news: You'll get a message that says, "We're sorry, but that combination is not available." Good news: That sentence will be followed by one saying, "Not to fear, here are a few creative alternatives to try." Including the one above.
6. Honesty, best policy Your message from myplates.com when you enter this: "Congratulations! That combination is available!"
They sound excited. Wonder why.
5. Git r done And spread the wealth. This one is available, too.
3. The ever-versatile Crooked "E" From vanity plates to corporate fraud, it helps with so many otherwise banned things.
2. Squint Come on, you're probably squinting anyway.
1. J'accuse! You're high if you think these license plates are referencing weed.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.