Pink in Football: Five Suggested Improvements
Anyone watching football this month is seeing a lot of pink -- on handtowels, socks, hats, bits of uniform.
It's part of, of course, the vast Breast Cancer Awareness month program.
It's admirable, even if it does have the feel of overload. We think supporters should not necessarily go for mass use of pink, but rather strategically pick their spots.
Here are five ideas:
5. The jockstrap and cup You talk about auctioning off game-worn items: The market would be through the roof for these items, in certain markets.
4. America's Team Go all in. Ain't no way TO would dare stomp on this version.
3. Troy Polamalu He needs a different hair product to endorse, anyway.
2. Pink up that Bible And on the seventh day, Tebow went pink.
What was the groundbreaking slogan of magazine legend Larry Flynt? "Show the pink." If the NFL were to follow this dictum, we're sure it would raise a lot of awareness about cancer, and other things.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- College and NFL Football: Thanksgiving Weekend's Best Bets
Sat., Nov. 28, 2:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:00pm
Sun., Nov. 29, 12:00pm
Mon., Nov. 30, 7:00pm
- The 10 Best Things About the Holidays in Houston
- Prosecutors: Paxton's Hollow Outrage at "DEFCON 1"