Roy Andrew Langley: Officials Seeking Kin
Officials in Kentucky are seeking relatives of a Texas man who died there in 1994, but who was only recently identified as Roy Andrew Langley.
Langley was born 11/22/49 to parents Lee Andrew and Laura Faye Harvey Langley. Lee Langley's last known address was in Crockett, Texas. (His parents died in 2003 and 2001, respectively, and are buried in Evergreen Memorial Park, Crockett.)
Warning: The only available photo of Langley's face, in death, is on the jump.
Langley was walking on I-65 in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, near the on/off ramp of Highway 62, when he was struck by a semi, according to Shana Norton of the Hardin County Coroner's Office. He had no identification -- only a pack of cigarettes.
At the time, his fingerprints had been filed incorrectly and yielded no hits, but a recent re-entry into the FBI database was successful, Norton says.
Langley was just over 5'9", weighed 210 lbs., and had red hair and hazel eyes. He may have sometimes used the name "Red Anderson."
If you have information about Langley or how to reach his family members, please contact Norton at 502-376-2074.
He had many tattoos, including:
- "Cry Here" on his upper left chest
- A horse on his left arm, near the armpit
- A woman sitting on a heart, on his right forearm, with "Love" and "Bunny" inside the heart
- "Danger" on his right thigh
- "Swinging" and "Boom" on his left thigh
- A cherry leaf by his left elbow
- "Born to Win" by his right elbow
Get the Weekly Newsletter