Six Ways You Know Obama Has Won
The election, by all accounts in the media, is over. Barack Obama has won. There will be no hanging chads, no recounts, no doubt. He can indeed start measuring those damn drapes John McCain was always talking about.
And America feels different today. How do we know? Six ways you can tell:
6. You see a black person on the street and want to congratulate them, before saying to yourself “WTF am I thinking?”
5. You see some anonymous person who you just know is a Sarah Palin fan, and you mumble to yourself “How’s it feel now, bee-yotch?”
4. Your taxes go up. You get issued your working papers for the Socialist Party USA. You become Muslim.
3. You realize you don’t have to obsessively check every new state poll that comes out on the Web, and then check every post on it that criticizes its methodology.
2. The number of Keith Olbermann clips you get in your e-mail goes way down.
1. You realize that if a) a black guy b) from Hawaii c) who basically never knew his dad d) has a crazy-assname like “Barack Hussein Obama” can get elected president, maybe you can get off your lazy ass and actually do something. You wait until that feeling passes.
-- Richard Connelly
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- A New Pro-HERO Ad Arrives, Not a Moment Too Soon, But a Few Moments Late
Fri., Nov. 27, 7:00pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 2:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:00pm
Sun., Nov. 29, 12:00pm
- Texas May Call Them Childcare Centers, Critics Say They're Prisons
- Charges Filed Against Mom, Boyfriend Who Found Baby Burned in Oven