Social Distortion: Stuff Happened, Then Facebook 3.0 for iPhone Came Out
You know, this week in current events really was a doozy, wouldn't you say? Senator Ted Kennedy passed on to the crystal Kennedy camp in the afterlife, Dominick Dunne followed in his footsteps (ALERT: Old white dudes with cancer, don't walk under any ladders this week, okay? The odds are clearly stacked against you), dogfighting sicko Michael Vick returned to the only team that'd have him in the NFL (definitely not the Texans, thanggod), and Michael Jackson's death was elevated to homicide status. And then he was deemed a pot hoarder. Yikes.
Oh, and Facebook 3.0 was released for the iPhone.
Wait, what?! STOP THE SERVERS! Shut up! Can you believe it?!
Yes, Facebook stalkers and stalkees with iPhones alike, Facebook's app is new! Improved! New and improved! And they're calling it the best thing since sliced bread. Well, that's not a direct quote. But Joe Hewitt really does deserve a series of blowjobs for the one-man show he pulled off. An app once rendered almost useless has now been given a shave, a haircut, a tummy tuck, and a facelift, all in one fell swoop.
Rice Owls Football vs. Southern Miss
TicketsSat., Nov. 11, 2:30pm
Houston Texans vs. Arizona Cardinals
TicketsSun., Nov. 19, 12:00pm
Rice Owls Football vs. North Texas
TicketsSat., Nov. 25, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. San Francisco 49ers
TicketsSun., Dec. 10, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
TicketsMon., Dec. 25, 3:30pm
Are you unconvinced that this is a life-changing development? Fear thee not, Doubting Toms and Tanias. Words and phrases such as "snappy," "the perfect app," and "brings you closer to a full desktop experience" have been used to describe this puppy (hey, Michael Vick, does that word tempt you?).
Facebook ceremoniously laid it all out in a blogpost (okay, okay, it was in "Facebook Notes," to keep the branding straight, sheesh) last week. The laundry list of highlights include:
- See and RSVP for your upcoming Events
- See your friends' birthdays
- See Pages and post updates and photos to Pages you administer
- Write Notes and read your friends' Notes
- Upload videos from an iPhone 3GS
- Upload photos to any album, and create albums, delete albums, delete photos, delete photo tags
- Change your Profile Picture
- Zoom into photos
- Mark posts and photos with "Like"
- See the same News Feed as the Facebook website
- Visit links in a built-in web browser
- See all of your friends' friends and Pages
- See mutual friends
- Easily search for people and Pages
- Make friend requests
- Become a fan of Pages
- Quickly call or text your friends
- Create shortcuts to your favorite friends and Pages
- Friends sorted by first or last name according to your settings
- Chat friends sorted alphabetically
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.