Steve Stockman: The 5 Best Responses to His Tweet About Poking Holes in Earth to Get Oil & Gas
Congressman Steve Stockman has been a crackpot for so long it's sometimes easy to forget his nuttiness.
Luckily, every so often he tries to out-nutjob Louie Gohmert, and we remember once again why he's such a
horrifying enjoyable freak show.
Like the tweet above, from what is labeled his "Official Congressional Twitter Feed."
"The best thing about the Earth is if you poke holes in it oil and gas come out," he tweeted.
Most of us here in Texas know the best way to deal with Stockman is to ignore him and wait for Republicans to realize just who they've sent to Washington and quickly send a replacement. And this tweet seemed nothing more than third-rate trolling.
But the twitterverse was just getting introduced to Stockman, and was taken aback. It responded with tweets, like these five, which range from answering the Congressman's implied question about what's the best thing about the earth to just reaching back and throwing Molotov cocktails of invective:
5. The Historianess @SteveStockmanTX yep, and then you burn it and make the atmosphere carcinogenic.
4. Proud Virgin @SteveStockmanTX ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckk ooooooooooofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
3. Matt Kasper @SteveStockmanTX I'd go with the ability to sustain life.. but that's just me.. 2. Bryant Turnage @SteveStockmanTX What a sad, pathetic view of our beautiful planet. How much money do you take from oil & gas corporations each year?
1. Katia Dmitrieva @SteveStockmanTX Congratulations. You have the most hilarious responses to your tweet.
Stockman wasn't too bothered: he followed his original tweet with others claiming liberals hate science, partly because, among other things, they just don't understand how the world works:
Funny thing about liberals hating oil and gas - they're expressing it on computers made from petrochemicals. Why do liberals hate science?
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- HBU Says the Feds Are Forcing It to Sin (and These Uber-Conservative Judges Agree)
Fri., Oct. 9, 12:00am
Sun., Oct. 11, 12:00am
Mon., Oct. 12, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
- KHOU vs. DISH Contract Standoff Still Isn't Over
- College and NFL Football: This Weekend's Best Bets