Super Bowl Ads: Bud Skews Decrepit, Clint Endorses Obama -- 5 Things We Learned
Another Super Bowl, another series of high-priced, high-stakes TV ads.
What did we learn? These five things:
5. Budweiser has a hard-on for Prohibiition Because your target demographic is, we guess, is prople who remember fondly when beer was made legal again in 1933.
4. Never ever believe a baby ad Babies = CGI, whether they're giving financial advice or bungee-jumping for junk food. Borrrrring.
3. Cameo in a Super Bowl ad equals career death Yeah, just keep telling yourself you're playfully trading off your image and you're a coup for whatever product you're hawking. It's one step over a Coushatta casino gig.
2. Clint Eastwood is an Obama supporter Maybe he didn't intend it, but every one of these "We're coming back" ads is practically an Obama in `12 campaign ad.
1. Massive extinction of human life is funny Every man, woman, gurgling baby, tow-headed smiling youth, all dead or lying helplessly breathing their last as their lifeblood seeps slowly, tortuously away.
Should have driven a Chevy!!!
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.