Super Bowl Ads: Bud Skews Decrepit, Clint Endorses Obama -- 5 Things We Learned
Another Super Bowl, another series of high-priced, high-stakes TV ads.
What did we learn? These five things:
5. Budweiser has a hard-on for Prohibiition Because your target demographic is, we guess, is prople who remember fondly when beer was made legal again in 1933.
4. Never ever believe a baby ad Babies = CGI, whether they're giving financial advice or bungee-jumping for junk food. Borrrrring.
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. Charlotte Mens Basketball
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-3PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 10:00am
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 3PM-8PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 3:00pm
Super Bowl Opening Night Fueled By Gatorade
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 7:00pm
3. Cameo in a Super Bowl ad equals career death Yeah, just keep telling yourself you're playfully trading off your image and you're a coup for whatever product you're hawking. It's one step over a Coushatta casino gig.
2. Clint Eastwood is an Obama supporter Maybe he didn't intend it, but every one of these "We're coming back" ads is practically an Obama in `12 campaign ad.
1. Massive extinction of human life is funny Every man, woman, gurgling baby, tow-headed smiling youth, all dead or lying helplessly breathing their last as their lifeblood seeps slowly, tortuously away.
Should have driven a Chevy!!!
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.