Ten Hottest Things Houstonians Have to Deal With During the Summer
People have romantic ideas of summer. As a kid, it's all about being off from school. As an adult, summer is time to squeeze in those vacation days.
But no matter how much we wish otherwise, summer in Houston can really suck sometimes. Here are some of the hottest things Houstonians have to deal with during the summer:
Tongues out is the only way to cope.
Photo by wombatarama
7. Any liquid you leave in your car for more than 10 minutes. Water left in a car for 10 minutes? Undrinkable. Soda left in a car for 10 minutes? Very undrinkable. Coffee left in a - stop. Undrinkable.
A morning run is really the only option you have during the summer, if you can wake up for one.
Photo by jDevaun
5. A whole next level of humidity No words do Houston's humidity justice. Heat is one thing; wet heat is another. Sometimes, just walking down the street during the summer can feel like your taking a stroll in soup.
Looks like Heaven.
Photo by David Hall
That woodgrain doesn't seem like such a wise choice now, does it?
Photo by Leslie Wong
1. Your car's steering wheel Ahh! Hands!
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Ratings Wars: 5 Reasons the Texans Will Outpace the Astros on TV Thursday Night
- Colts-Texans, Week 5 — Four Things To Watch For
- "Flag Desecration" Laws Are Still Unconstitutional, Even in Texas