Texans Fans: 5 Reasons to (Try to) Hate Baltimore
On the other hand....
The Houston Texans travel to Baltimore Sunday for the biggest game in franchise history, a game that could take them to the AFC championship.
So we need to build up a big hatred of Baltimore, right?
Turns out that's not so easy to do.
Five reasons to hate Baltimore and/or the Ravens, with caveats:
5. Step Up 2 The Streets was filmed there On the other hand, so were The Wire, Diner, Homicide and Twelve Monkeys.
4. Their team's "traditions" are modern inventions On the other hand, they got screwed by Colts owner Robert Irsay even worse than Oiler fans were by Bud Adams. (Although which is worse: Leaving the city in the middle of the night, or hanging for a couple of desultory lame-duck seasons?)
3. The Tex-Mex in Baltimore is really bad Ah, but the crab cakes....
2. Ray Lewis is a thug On the other hand, he does enough charity work to make Bob McNair happy.
1. They're a playoff team with Joe Flacco at quarterback "Starting at quarterback, number 13....T.J. Yates!!!!"
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- Charges Filed Against Mom, Boyfriend Who Found Baby Burned in Oven
Fri., Nov. 27, 7:00pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 2:30pm
Sat., Nov. 28, 7:00pm
Sun., Nov. 29, 12:00pm
- Abbott Says Guns Are Okay in Texas City Halls
- Johnny Football Is Back, Clubbing in Austin on His Bye Week