Texans Fans: 5 Reasons to (Try to) Hate Baltimore
On the other hand....
The Houston Texans travel to Baltimore Sunday for the biggest game in franchise history, a game that could take them to the AFC championship.
So we need to build up a big hatred of Baltimore, right?
Turns out that's not so easy to do.
Five reasons to hate Baltimore and/or the Ravens, with caveats:
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-3PM
TicketsFri., Mar. 31, 10:00am
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 3PM-8PM
TicketsFri., Mar. 31, 3:00pm
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-6PM
TicketsSun., Apr. 2, 10:00am
Rice Owls Men's Baseball vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Men's Baseball
TicketsFri., Apr. 7, 6:30pm
5. Step Up 2 The Streets was filmed there On the other hand, so were The Wire, Diner, Homicide and Twelve Monkeys.
4. Their team's "traditions" are modern inventions On the other hand, they got screwed by Colts owner Robert Irsay even worse than Oiler fans were by Bud Adams. (Although which is worse: Leaving the city in the middle of the night, or hanging for a couple of desultory lame-duck seasons?)
3. The Tex-Mex in Baltimore is really bad Ah, but the crab cakes....
2. Ray Lewis is a thug On the other hand, he does enough charity work to make Bob McNair happy.
1. They're a playoff team with Joe Flacco at quarterback "Starting at quarterback, number 13....T.J. Yates!!!!"
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.