The 10 Most Popular Cover Stories of 2011
Each year we take a look back at the most popular print stories from the past 12 months. This year our readers were really into food, crime and drama. But our most popular story? It may have been read by more Texans outside of Houston than any other cover we've done.
10. Still Standing: South Park has gone from a sheltered suburb to a crime-ridden war zone to a near wasteland. And Burger Park has managed to survive it all.
9. Prized Possessions: Homeless in Houston share their most important objects.
8. Come and Bake It: Local movement fights for cottage food bill (which was passed this November).
7. The Unexpected Guest: Suave, with impeccable but false credentials, "Dennis Shaw" moved easily through River Oaks society.
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. Charlotte Mens Basketball
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-3PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 10:00am
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 3PM-8PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 3:00pm
Super Bowl Opening Night Fueled By Gatorade
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 7:00pm
6. The Mayor of Montrose: Charles Armstrong, owner of four gay clubs and benefactor to feral cats, is the most powerful man in his neighborhood.
5. Dead Center: Bad things keep happening to people in Shawn Roberts's orbit.
4. Sons of Blood and Thunder: Lee West III says he really wanted to be a member of Omega Psi Phi. But he couldn't take the beatings the underground black fraternity was handing out.
3. Getting Past the Bouncer: Local nightclub door policies aren't always black and white.
2. The Great Heights Art Heist: Artists claim they were ripped off by local gallery.
1. Finding Austin: The neo city on the hills is a far cry from its cheap pot, cold beer and low-rent former ways.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.