The 10 Worst Burglary Neighborhoods In Houston (For The Moment)
What are the best neighborhoods to live in if you want to get burglarized? We've gathered 10 of the finest.
We looked at the most recent crime stats for HPD beats, which means the month of October. HPD generally doesn't like "raw data comparisons between police beats" because the info can be skewed, obviously, but what the hell -- you need to know, dammit.
Click on the individual links for a detailed map of the neighborhood in question.
10. Beat 7C10 -- near Quitman and the Eastex Thirty-seven burglaries by our count in this northeast neighborhood. It includes the Fifth Ward and Pinecrest.
CAUGHT IN THE ACT -- of posing for a burglary photo
Houston Texans vs. Arizona Cardinals
TicketsSun., Nov. 19, 12:00pm
Rice Owls Football vs. North Texas
TicketsSat., Nov. 25, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. San Francisco 49ers
TicketsSun., Dec. 10, 12:00pm
Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
TicketsMon., Dec. 25, 3:30pm
Houston Open - Good Any One Day Grounds
TicketsSun., Apr. 1, 11:59pm
9. Beat 7C20 -- Kashmere Gardens, et al. Generally the same part of town as the 10-th ranked neighborhood.
8. Beat 3B10 -- Oak Forest and environs Up along the Hempstead Highway and the Northwest Freeway, this beat includes Northwest Mall and Brookhollow.
7. Beat 1A20 -- Montrose Not all of Montrose -- mostly the parts east of Montrose Boulevard. It also includes Avondale and part of the Fourth Ward.
6. Beat 17E40 -- Fondren Southwest Ah, you knew this was coming. But you may be surprised it only checks in at number six. Generally both sides of Bellfort, in between South Gessner and Hillcroft. Hey, Hair Balls lives not far from there!! 5. Beat 18F50 -- around Sharpstown Mall Remember, these are burglary stats, so having a shopping mall in the neighborhood isn't that big a deal. (Robbery stats might be another matter.)
4. Beat 12D10 -- around Almeda Mall Still, the malls keep popping up on the list. Maybe cash-challenged shoppers hit up the local neighborhoods before entering the malls.
3. Beat 19G20 -- the far west side It's the Wild, Wild West, with two of the top three slots. This one includes Bellaire West and Catalina Square.
2. Beat 19G10 -- near Westwood Mall And something called Concourse South, which we haven't heard of.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.