The Houston Zoo's Ten Cutest Baby-Animal Pictures
The Houston Zoo has a new calf, Sam, according to a tweet today.
The Zoo is getting pretty efficient at spreading the news of cutie-wootie widdle baby animals, and who can blame them?
We decided to comb the Zoo's Flickr page for ten of the best zoo-baby pictures.
10. Cocquerel's sifaka This smells like this?
All photos Houston Zoo
9. Maned Wolf Six weeks old, and he's all ears.
8. Baby elephant No, it's not Baylor -- dude gets enough pub already. (After all, he did win our Houston Zoo Cute-Off.) This is Tupelo.
7. Anteater Looks a little sad. The world's only gonna get crueler, little anteater.
5. Guinea Hog piglets That's Penelope and Olivia. Or Olivia and Penelope, we can't be sure.
4. Giraffe Fun fact: Scientists have discovered it is humanly impossible to take a bad picture of a baby giraffe. Especially if it's Miles -- the camera loves him.
2. Nyala Noah looks like he's learning a tough lesson from his mom -- look, she's telling him, if you're this cute then yes, the paparazzi will swarm.
1. Prairie dogs They're looking for something....love? Mama, where'd you go?
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.
- What Would a Four Super-Conference College Football Structure Look Like?
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 2:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 6:00pm
- A Seismic Shift: What is the Future of the Big 12?
- Blue Bell is Back and Mattress Mack is Celebrating (Of Course)