Top 10 Tim Tebow-Hating Tweets
The Global Language Monitor has now recognized "Tebowing" -- "the act of taking a knee in prayer during an athletic contest" -- as an English language word.
Pretty sure we're not the only ones that feel that way, considering these ten tweets that dissed the Denver Broncos' signal caller during and after his team's 13-10 overtime win against the Chicago Bears.
The winning tweet comes from our very own John Royal, who gives due props to the dude who helped the Houston Texans clinch the AFC South with two awesome touchdown drives (unlike "God's Quarterback," who needed two improbable kicks from his placekicker to secure the W).
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. Charlotte Mens Basketball
TicketsSat., Jan. 28, 7:00pm
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 10AM-3PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 10:00am
Gridiron Glory: The Best of Pro Football HOF -- 3PM-8PM
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 3:00pm
Opening Night Fueled By Gatorade
TicketsMon., Jan. 30, 5:30pm
10. @matthewstoller So awesome how Tim Tebow stopped the Bears on defense and then kicked a 59 yard field goal.
9. @Red_DMartin Tim Tebow deserves all of these props for out-dueling the great Caleb Hanie.
8. @BorowitzReport God is totally preoccupied with helping NFL QBs win, which is why he forgets to prevent tsunamis. #nfl #tebow #God
7. @BizballMaury BREAKING: ESPN to wed Tim Tebow
6. @tepper The people blaming Tony Romo for this loss are the same people who think Tim Tebow is a good quarterback.
5. @zachbraff "Dude, seriously, shut-up." - God to Tebow 4. @ReillyRick If you read Tom Brady's lips when he was arguing with his coach he said "who the f*** do you think I am Tim Tebow?" 3. @YeahitsWeird Tim Tebow would rather wear a promise ring than a Super Bowl ring.
2. @russbengtson Hope Eli starts his postgame interview by giving thanks to Tim Tebow.
1. @John_Royal T.J. Yates > Tebow.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.