Top Ten Quotes from the Movie Elf
We at Hair Balls can spend a lot of time doing really worthless things like quoting movies. We've been known to have day- or even week-long e-mail exchanges with friends simply quoting lines from movies like Stripes, which is why we were happy to read about Alamo Drafthouse's screening of Elf on December 7, promoted as a "quote-a-long."
Moviegoers are encouraged to quote the lines of the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show-style.
While Scrooged might top the list of our favorite holiday flicks if surveyed, way up on that same list would be Elf. Few characters have embodied the holiday spirit as well as Will Ferrell's irrepressible Buddy the Elf. Ferrell mixes his fearless comedic timing with the joy of a small child, and it's almost impossible to not love that boundless enthusiasm.
We compiled our own list of the top ten quotes from the film. Feel free to use them if you make it to the screening.
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. St. Thomas University Men's Basketball
TicketsWed., Dec. 21, 7:00pm
Advocare V100 Texas Bowl
TicketsWed., Dec. 28, 8:00pm
Rice Owls Mens Basketball vs. Middle Tennessee State Univ Blue Raiders Mens Basketball
TicketsThu., Jan. 5, 7:00pm
PRCA XTreme Bulls
TicketsFri., Jan. 6, 7:30pm
10. Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!
9. I think you're really beautiful and I feel really warm when I'm around you and my tongue swells up.
8. You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.
7. It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.
6. We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
5. He's an angry elf.
4. You smell like beef and cheese. You don't smell like Santa.
3. Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?
2. You sit on a throne of lies!
1. It's just like Santa's workshop, except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Houston, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.