Top Ten Quotes from the Movie Elf
We at Hair Balls can spend a lot of time doing really worthless things like quoting movies. We've been known to have day- or even week-long e-mail exchanges with friends simply quoting lines from movies like Stripes, which is why we were happy to read about Alamo Drafthouse's screening of Elf on December 7, promoted as a "quote-a-long."
Moviegoers are encouraged to quote the lines of the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show-style.
While Scrooged might top the list of our favorite holiday flicks if surveyed, way up on that same list would be Elf. Few characters have embodied the holiday spirit as well as Will Ferrell's irrepressible Buddy the Elf. Ferrell mixes his fearless comedic timing with the joy of a small child, and it's almost impossible to not love that boundless enthusiasm.
We compiled our own list of the top ten quotes from the film. Feel free to use them if you make it to the screening.
Battle of the Piney Woods: SFA vs. SHSU
TicketsSat., Oct. 1, 3:00pm
University of Houston Cougars Football vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane Football
TicketsSat., Oct. 15, 11:00am
Rice University Owls Football vs. UTSA Roadrunners Football
TicketsSat., Oct. 15, 6:00pm
Rice University Owls Football vs. Prairie View A&M University Football
TicketsSat., Oct. 22, 2:30pm
10. Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!
9. I think you're really beautiful and I feel really warm when I'm around you and my tongue swells up.
8. You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.
7. It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.
6. We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
5. He's an angry elf.
4. You smell like beef and cheese. You don't smell like Santa.
3. Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?
2. You sit on a throne of lies!
1. It's just like Santa's workshop, except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Houston Press' biggest stories.