You might have read recently that Stone Temple Pilots front man Scott Weiland is teasing a full-time comeback for his other band. You know, the one with the guys from Guns N' Roses. That's right, Velvet Revolver. I know, I tried to forget about them too, but apparently the guys in the band are inten ... More >>
Have you ever noticed this: Men and women have different musical tastes. At times, they do.
Why? Because men and women have different interests, for the most part. Think about it, boys: while you may want to play some Metallica, your girlfriend (or mom) may want listen to Sheryl Crow or Madonna.
A ... More >>
The current volume of local music is staggering, so Rocks Off wants to help you (and ourselves) keep up.
Dig DugDig This is back with another round of gems following some successful mining of the Internet. Here's another handful of local music acts for you to explore, including a few that yo ... More >>
By William Shakespeare and Craig Hlavaty
All the world's a stage, even things like MTV and stuff. And all the men and women merely players, even Fred Durst and that one chick from that one show that we forgot the name of. She had long hair probably.
They have their exits and entrances, like ... More >>
We have some great commenters here on Hair Balls, and it's time we paid some damn attention to them.
So we'll be highlighting a Comment of the Day each morning, from the previous day's work. Maybe two comments, even.
This will all be determined by a highly rigorous scientific formula involv ... More >>
A few choice adjectives come to mind when musing on bawdy Eastbound & Down character Kenny Powers. "Inspiring" is not one of them.
However, as Rocks Off watched this week's season finale of the side-splitting HBO series, we were pleasantly surprised as we heard indie troubadour Kurt Vile's a ... More >>
We're barely a month into the fall TV season and have already lost three new network shows. My Generation, the show that was to catch us up on a group of high school graduates ten years after the fact (and presumably set to the music of The Who) pulled a Keith Moon after two episodes. Lone St ... More >>
Lost may be gone, but these other shows are returning for another season.Summer is upon us, television is a rocky wasteland, and you're probably out grilling right now. This was the week in TV Land:
• Summer's a weird time for TV viewers and often a terrible one for TV fans: There are lo ... More >>
The humidity is back, the TV season's almost over, and I need a non-gay way to ask you to go camping with me. This was the week in TV Land:
• I saw Conan O'Brien in Austin on Friday. He took his Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour through the state briefly, stopping in ... More >>
I'm confused by the weather, recovered from South By Southwest, and forbidden from re-enacting Ghost. This was the week in TV Land:
• I'm a week behind on HBO's The Pacific. This is my own fault; between this show and others, sometimes things get put on the back burner. The good news is t ... More >>
The weekend's gone, the sun is out, and the only marathon I did this weekend consisted of Whataburger taquitos. This was the week in TV Land:
• So! Conan and Jay are probably not going to make buddy comedies together any time soon, or ever. The growing animosity between the two -- mainly ... More >>
I had no idea Houston could get this cold, I'm tired of reruns, and I still think your Batman voice sounds like Cookie Monster. This was the week in TV Land:
• So, NBC imploded. Again. As last week drew to a close, rumors started spreading that NBC was going to reorganize its late-night s ... More >>
My car's in the shop, I can't figure what season it is, and I don't know what to do about the Indians in the lobby. This was Thanksgiving week in TV Land:
• Glee is going bye-bye for a while. The last episode of the year will air on December 9, completing the original 13-episode order, and the s ... More >>
Tom Cruise is not taking the news well...The sun's back out, I'm ready for turkey, and I can't believe I sold my DeLorean to Mr. T. This was the week in TV Land:
• So, Oprah resigned, but not really, or something. Just to make sure we all have time to prepare our families for the ritualist ... More >>
It's a beautiful weekend, the rain has stopped, and my Batman voice sounds like Cookie Monster. This was the week in TV Land:
• I take nothing but pleasure in the misfortune of the untalented, which is why it's my pleasure to pass along the news that ratings for Comedy Central's The Jeff Dunham S ... More >>
It was a long week in TV Land, so let's get some Cheesy Blasters and do it to it:
• 30 Rock is back! 30 Rock is back! I know that some of you -- most of you? -- probably thought that Texas' victory was the best thing on TV this week, but that's because you're young and don't know much yet. Trus ... More >>