This past Sunday, NBC announced that Seth Meyers will officially take over as the host of Late Night, when Jimmy Fallon succeeds Jay Leno as host of The Tonight Show in early 2014. But with Meyers set to inherit a show with a tradition of turning talk-show hosts into late-night greats (David Letterm ... More >>
>Wanda Jackson has had a career most musicians would envy. The "Queen of Rockabilly" has entertained audiences for decades with such songs as "Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad," "Hard Headed Woman" and "Fujiyama Mama," displaying an originality and bravado that helped pave the way for artists as diverse a ... More >>
It's getting hot in the kitchen, and not just from the flames.
Check out the Top 5 Hottest Celebrity Male Chefs that make our flames broil:
5. Govind Armstrong
Armstrong's dreamy locks first made our hearts flutter on shows like Bravo's Top Chef and Top Chef Masters and the Food Network's Iron C ... More >>
Fitz and The Tantrums, a group Rolling Stone named one of its "bands to watch" last year, will be gracing Houston with their presence Sunday at Free Press Summer Fest. The six-piece soul-influenced indie-pop band likes to embrace difference. Influenced by Motown and Stax, the band lacks guitars, but ... More >>
They don't call Madonna the Material Girl for nothing. She's definitely a self-promoter when it comes to her music.
Better yet, when she does this, it's never the same advertised persona. Take, for example, when she first came onto MTV and performed "Like A Virgin" at the 1985 VMAs versus her perce ... More >>
Uh uh... Rocks Off isn't going to go there. See here for the NSFW bits.From the Very Important News That You Need To Know RIGHT NOW Dept: Former (current?) Houstonian Kelly Rowland, who has gone from Destiny's Child second banana to R&B's leading summer seductress behind smash single "Motivat ... More >>
michaeljacksonfuneral.orgNote: Not the actual million-dollar jacket.Have you ever worked in a souvenir store, memorabilia outlet or run an online auction? If so, odds are you have developed a venal, burning hatred for collectors.
Rocks Off isn't going to mince words: collectors are some of t ... More >>
It's that time again! We've slogged through Twitter streams and RSS feeds just to bring everyone up to speed on Houston's prolific music scene. So let's get down to the business of getting down, starting with our soundtrack for the week: a 49-minute mix from DJ Sun, performing at The Flat.
I ... More >>
I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a summer of transcredible exploits. This was the week in TV Land:
• Last week I asked what you watch during the summer, and the responses covered the bases for summer shows: Burn Notice, Leverage (really?), The Closer (really?!), sporting events, ... More >>
Even with my dependable shows in reruns, it feels good to be back in the stern embrace of David Simon. This was the week in TV Land:
• Thank God for Hulu, you know? The video site is the only reason I actually keep up with Saturday Night Live most weeks. The show's had a real hard-on for tweens ... More >>
I'm confused by the weather, recovered from South By Southwest, and forbidden from re-enacting Ghost. This was the week in TV Land:
• I'm a week behind on HBO's The Pacific. This is my own fault; between this show and others, sometimes things get put on the back burner. The good news is t ... More >>
The weekend's gone, the sun is out, and the only marathon I did this weekend consisted of Whataburger taquitos. This was the week in TV Land:
• So! Conan and Jay are probably not going to make buddy comedies together any time soon, or ever. The growing animosity between the two -- mainly ... More >>
I had no idea Houston could get this cold, I'm tired of reruns, and I still think your Batman voice sounds like Cookie Monster. This was the week in TV Land:
• So, NBC imploded. Again. As last week drew to a close, rumors started spreading that NBC was going to reorganize its late-night s ... More >>