Neat. Good times. Ben & Jerry have exposed their newest, limited-batch flavor "Schweddy Balls" based on the mock-NPR SNL sketch starring Alec Baldwin because "It's never too early to start celebrating the holiday season." (Wasn't it just Labor Day?) According to the company site, Schweddy Balls is "Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls."
Back in June, Art Attack's Caroline Evans reported on the rumored flavor, and we couldn't be happier that it's become a reality. We can't wait to get their Schweddy Balls in our mouths.
Apparently, we haven't matured much since the SNL skit first aired in 1998 because it still makes us giggle like school girls.
The entendre, obviously intentional, got us thinking about some of our favorite food items from around the world with unintentionally anatomically pervy names.
5. Nestlé Nips Let's start close to home with a product you can find in the candy aisle of your local grocery, Nestlé Nips. First introduced in the 1920s, The Nestle site says rich and creamy hard candy Nips are "for people who need a break from life's little irritations..." I've heard Band-Aids work, too.
4. Couque D'asses The next snicker-inducing treat is a crisp butter cookie filled with chocolate from Japan. I get that it's supposed to be French, but were there no English speakers in that marketing meeting, no one from corporate to chime in with "Umm...it says asses...on the box"?
3. Perky Nana The third nibble, coming to us from New Zealand, is the Mighty Perky Nana. The Cadbury product is a chewy, banana-flavored candy bar covered in milk chocolate. You can have the regular, apparently smaller Perky Nana or the Mighty Perky Nana. But come on, size doesn't really matter as long as it's perky, right?
2. Crunky Nude Balls Next I present to you Nude Korean Balls, Crunky Nude Balls, specifically. They are bite-size chocolate treats akin to Nestle Crunch with the rice crisps on the outside, thus making them "inside out" or "nude." I'm not quite sure what makes them crunk, though.
Just like Vanessa Williams, we saved the best for last.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
1. Megapussi Our last snack comes to us from Finland. It's a bag of chips that proudly boasts "MEGAPUSSI!" meaning "big bag." Betcha can't eat just one?
Are you looking forward to trying Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls? Have you run across any other food name fails at home or abroad? Let us know in the comments section!