City Hall Farmers Market Returns Tomorrow
Chef Randy Evans from Haven chats with Animal Farm purveyors at the City Hall Farmers Market.
Photo by Katharine Shilcutt
After a winter's hibernation, downtown's City Hall Farmers Market will return tomorrow to its regularly scheduled Wednesday spot surrounding the reflection pool at City Hall. The market will run from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday, rain or shine, until its summer break on June 27.
Back for 2012 are popular vendors such as Atkinson Farm, Grateful Bread, Warfel Farms, Swede Family Farm and Angela's Oven. (Click for a full list of vendors.) Along with these 30 returning vendors, there will be six new tents and one new food truck:
- Bread n' Batter brings delicious handcrafted pretzels, plain or stuffed with fillings such as cinnamon sugar, bacon and cheese and seasonal vegetables.
- Chef Roy's Catering offers green smoothies, paninis, and kale wraps.
- Cuts of Color brings fresh flowers and sustainably grown vegetables to the market from Weimer.
- Divine Teriyaki offers retro Asian cuisine inspired by Texas roots, love of teriyaki, and culinary influences from Seattle.
- Gooey Butter Girls, a St. Louis import, sells fresh gooey butter cakes.
- Orchid Obsession sells beautiful blooming orchids.
- Wicked Whisk is the market's newest food truck, offering inventive Asian fusion cuisine.
Downtown dwellers and workers are encouraged to walk -- the weather tomorrow practically demands it -- although there is garage parking available at 400 Rusk and, as always, metered street parking can be found within a few blocks of City Hall. ATMs and picnic tables are both available on-site as well.
And if you haven't been by the new Roots Bistro on Lower Westheimer (which replaced Cafe Moustache), you'll have a chance to check out Chef German Mosquera's food tomorrow as well too: He'll be in the Chef's Corner demonstrating a wealth of cooking tips for the fresh produce you'll hopefully take home with you afterward.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Houston's 5 Best Weekend Food Bets, Plus One More (for America!)
- Upcoming Houston Food Events: A Reverse Beer Dinner With Kevin & Chris
- Openings and Closings in Houston: Bramble (and the Return of Randy Rucker) Arriving Soon
- 100 Favorite Houston Dishes 2015: No. 85, Hunter's Honey Roasted Duck At Brennan's of...