I love exploring this city and discovering new food-related things to talk about. Why, oh why then hadn't I discovered The Path of Tea, this treasure of a place, when it first opened three years ago? I'm going to dispense with the usual verbage and just list a few of the reasons why you should run, not walk, to check this place out.
1. Soothing music and a great ambience.
2. The best chocolate chip pistachio cranberry cookie in Houston.
3. Chocolate chai, lemon curd and pumpkin cupcakes. And they have delicious truffle-like cakeballs that you need to try.
4. When you order your tea, you get to choose your mug.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
5. A big selection of teas from which to choose: caffeinated and non-caffeinated, herbal, and rooibos. I enjoyed an Assam coconut tea and bought a bag of organic ginger/citrus green roiboos to go. The small pot of tea is only $4.00.
-- Jay Francis