Food Critic/Blogger Opening at the Houston Press
Our longtime food critic Katharine Shilcutt is leaving us in a few weeks so ....
The Houston Press has an immediate opening for a fulltime food critic and blogger. We are looking for a critic who can build on the success of our award-winning food coverage. The ideal candidate must:
* Possess the writing/reporting skills to produce stylish, provocative weekly restaurant reviews in print.
* Have strong opinions that the reviewer is prepared to broadcast and defend.
* Enjoy blogging and tweeting about food and restaurants, and understand the potential of those platforms.
* Have a sophisticated knowledge of food and restaurants, either self-taught or through professional kitchen experience/education.
E-mail your cover letter, résumé, and clips and sample reviews to: HPemail@example.com. That means you select the top 2-3 articles you have written and send in the links. If you want to include any website information as well, that's fine.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- New Restaurant Owners Think Tequila, Tacos And Cocktails Are The Key To Success In...
- This Week in Houston Food Blogs: Spicy And Spotted Cocktails
- Between Review Visits, Brick & Mortar Kitchen Changed Completely, and Not For the Better
- Behind The Brick & Mortar Kitchen Review: A Change on Your Part May Constitute an...