Another Texas brewery has just arrived on shelves in Houston. San Antonio's Freetail Brewing Company just shipped its first round of beers to Houston, thanks to a new distribution deal. Freetail Brewing Co. has been in existence since 2008, but it was the building of a new brewing facility last year that allowed them to expand output and thus ultimately be able to distribute their beer more widely. This marks the first time Freetail has been made available outside of the San Antonio market.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
To celebrate, Freetail is running a number of special events in conjunction with local bars that will be selling their beer. You can check this website for more information. Freetail will be hosting multiple events where you can meet the head brewer, Scott Metzger, and chat about Freetail, its beers, and their brewing philosophy.
At the time being, Freetail is only available on draft. The first round of Freetail beers includes four year-rounds and one seasonal:
- The Bat Outta Helles is a pale, Munich-style helles lager;
- The Soul Doubt is a "Third Coast IPA", a hoppy, big-bodied beer;
- The Freetail Original is an American amber;
- And the year-round lineup is finished off by the Witicus, a hybrid of styles including wheat beer and Belgian ale.
- The seasonal beer is the Tararida Oscura, a black IPA described as being lighter in body and less bitter than a typical black IPA.
Freetail has also announced plans for two more beers to hit Houston in April: Another year-round beer and the next in their seasonal line, though we could not obtain details of what those beers would be.