Had a party and have too much leftover guacamole? Have no fear!
From breakfast and lunch to snacks and dinner, we've got 10 Uses for That Leftover Guac:
But first, to keep the guacamole as fresh and bright as possible, squeeze in a bit of extra lime juice and place plastic wrap directly onto the surface. Press down to seal the wrap all the way to the edges of the container. Cover and refrigerate.
Now, for the leftovers:
10. Deviled Eggs A healthier take on a classic
Hard boil eggs and mix the yolks with leftover guacamole before spooning back into halved egg whites. For an extra kick, dust with cayenne or add crumbled bacon.
9. Tomato Avocado Toasts The best breakfast ever?
Take a slice of the crustiest, best-tasting bread you can find and drizzle it lightly with oil. Place it on a grill pan and cook, flipping once, until both sides are lightly toasted.
Spread on spoonfuls of leftover guacamole and top with sliced tomato. And if you really wanna get wild, throw on a poached egg.
8. Avocado Pesto Fusion at its best
In a food processor, combine leftover guacamole with parmesan cheese and sliced almonds or walnuts. Drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil and pulse until you reach the desired consistency. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste and use as a marinade for chicken, as a sauce for whole grain pasta, or over spooned over grilled fish.
7. Salad Dressing Avocado Ranch anyone?
Mix leftover guacamole with red wine vinegar and olive oil to make a kicked-up vinaigrette to toss with fresh veggies or stir spoonfuls into homemade ranch and drizzle onto a fried chicken Cobb salad.
6. Chilled Avocado Soup The perfect light meal
Add leftover guacamole to well-seasoned chicken stock and blend until combined. Chill and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, pico de gallo and lightly toasted tortilla strips.
5. Grilled Shrimp, Tomato & Guacamole Pasta Salad A hearty lunch or side salad
Cook corkscrew pasta and toss with a bit of olive oil. Let cool before tossing with guacamole, halved cherry tomatoes, and grilled lemon shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve cold.
4. Mile High Nachos It's not your fault you need to have nachos for dinner
Pile lightly toasted corn tortilla chips with black beans, sliced jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, scallions, leftover guacamole, Greek yogurt, your favorite salsa, and spiced shredded chicken, pulled pork, or chili. Dinner is served.
3. Grilled Corn & Avocado Spread The ultimate sandwich topping
Mix leftover guacamole with kernels of sweet grilled corn and dollop onto burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, and more.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
2. Southwestern Chicken Salad Buh-bye, mayo
Replace mayonnaise with guacamole to make a spicy version of chicken salad. Stir in red onion, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and chili powder before piling it onto toasted bagels, English muffins, or bread. Lighten it up by serving the salad in lettuce cups or if you're feeling randy, add cheese and turn the sandwich into a melt.
1. As Guacamole Because why not? Regular old guacamole can be dolloped onto nearly anything. Serve it as a garnish for chili, spread onto a turkey BLT, as a dip for your breakfast quesadilla, dolloped onto spicy crab cakes, spooned into roasted portobello mushrooms, or piled onto skirt steak fajitas.