Last Chance to Vote for Houston's Worst BBQ
Click to embiggen.
With roughly 1,000 votes at last count yesterday afternoon, it looks like our panel of barbecue judges will be hitting a slew of 'cue chains when we head out to judge Houston's worst barbecue next week.
In "first" place so far with a solid 20 percent of the vote is Pappas Bar-B-Q, proving that just because Houstonians love the Pappas family's excellent steakhouse doesn't mean that they approve of its barbecue.
But we have five total barbecue joints to try. And so far, it looks like those other four will be:
- Dickey's Barbecue Pit (multiple locations): 12 percent
- Pit Master Barbecue Cafe (343 Sawdust, The Woodlands): 10 percent
- Demeris Barbecue (multiple locations): 10 percent
- Luling City Market Bar-B-Q Restaurant & Bar (4726 Richmond): 8 percent
Polling will remain open until 5 p.m. Sunday (March 18), so if you disagree with any of these restaurants as having some of Houston's worst barbecue, cast your vote now.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Houston's 5 Best Weekend Food Bets, Plus One More (for America!)
- Upcoming Houston Food Events: A Reverse Beer Dinner With Kevin & Chris
- Openings and Closings in Houston: Bramble (and the Return of Randy Rucker) Arriving Soon
- 100 Favorite Houston Dishes 2015: No. 85, Hunter's Honey Roasted Duck At Brennan's of...