New Year's Eve Cocktail Recipe: Lavender Blossom
This time of year, everyone is busy creating new ways to enjoy an old favorite: champagne cocktails. Since sparkly beverages are a favorite of mine, I couldn't help whipping up my own version. I recommend using a dry sparkling wine to complement the sweeter elements of this drink. It's bubbly, elegant, and the perfect way to get a little tipsy this New Year 's Eve.
Makes 1 drink
- 3 ounces Prosecco or dry sparkling wine
- 1 ½ ounces St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces lavender simple syrup
Combine the lavender simple syrup and St Germain in the bottom of a Champagne flute. Top with Prosecco.
For a special treat, garnish with an edible fresh flower, preferably purple (available at Whole Foods).
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Houston's 5 Best Weekend Food Bets: Labor Day Weekend BBQs & Brews
- Upcoming Houston Food Events: A Saint Arnold and Original Ninfa's Meeting of the Minds
- Openings and Closings in Houston: Pour Society And A Newly Announced Speakeasy
- 100 Favorite Houston Dishes 2015, No. 62: Oxtail at Le’ Pam’s House of Creole