Passport Spain Quiz: Answer Some Questions and Win Tickets to a Tasting with a Rockstar Winemaker
Always wanted to meet and taste with rockstar and heartthrob winemaker Alvaro Palacios (right), one of the "50 most influential people in the wine world" according to Decanter?
Well, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for. Houston Cooking School of Central Market's "Passport to Spain" is offering two tickets to Palacios's Saturday, May 21, tasting to the first person who can correctly answer all of the questions in our Spanish wine quiz below. To compete, please send your answers to HPcontest@houstonpress.com. We'll post the winner in the comments section of this entry and get in touch with you regarding the tickets.
1. Spain produces one of Europe's most popular sparkling wines: What's it called?
2. In France this grape is called Grenache: What's it called in Spain?
3. This famous fortified Spanish wine takes its name from the anglicized version of Jerez, the township from which it hails. What's it called in English?
4. Which of the following grapes is NOT native to Spain: Tempranillo, Albariño, Sangiovese, Viura, Palomino?
5. Winemaker Alvaro Palacios is known to pick up this classic Spanish instrument and sing a few bars: What instrument does he play?
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.