Recipe Review: Rachael Ray's You Won't Be Single for Long Vodka-Cream Sauce: Part 2
Geri Maria Harris
Yesterday I reviewed RR's recipe for Vodka Cream Sauce. With a few easy additions, it turned out to be a deliciously simple sauce that is perfect for any weeknight dinner. Below is her recipe along with my suggestions for making it the Absolut best. That pun's for you Rachael!
You Won't Be Single for Long Vodka-Cream Sauce
- 3 tablespoons, extra- virgin olive oil (three times around the pan)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (*4 garlic cloves)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 20 leaves fresh basil, roughly cut or torn
- 2/3 cup vodka (a few good glugs)
- 1 pound linguini or fettucini
- ¼ cup (twice around the pan) heavy cream or half-and-half (*1/3 cup)
- (*salt and black pepper to taste)
Heat olive oil and garlic in a deep saucepan over medium heat. When the garlic speaks, add tomatoes and heat through. Stir in basil leaves. When basil wilts, stir in vodka and bring to a boil. Give the pan a shake and reduce heat to low. Simmer pasta of choice until cooked al dente and drain. Add the cream to your sauce, then stir until sauce blushes a shade or two lighter. Toss with hot pasta and serve with bread, a green salad and a nice Chianti. She or he will be yours.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.