Snacks in the Sun: The Food of Free Press Summer Festival
Not sure what these guys are trying to share with us, but we appreciate it.
Photos by Groovehouse.
One of the nice things about the modern festival experience is the variety of food options. I like popcorn and chicken fingers as much as, if not more than, the next person, but having more than the standard concert food options is pretty sweet.
Face it, eating is a big part of spending all day at a festival. You can try to fight it, but you'll need to eat eventually, whether it's to get an energy boost or just to soak up some of the booze in your system.
Free Press Summer Festival gave a lot of people the chance to check out some local food options they might never have tried before. Take a look at a sample of some of the food items that were available and the people who were chowing down on them.
7. I'm not exactly sure what this guy is eating, but he seems pretty fearless about it.
6. Credit to this guy for letting us snap this photo when he clearly can't wait to tear into the plate of meat he's holding.
5. You could go all in on a giant turkey leg, but sometimes it's better to go for something light and refreshing. Plus, pretty colors.
4. Just because there are more exotic options doesn't mean some chicken strips and fries won't hit the spot.
3. Remember the days when the only thing that came on a stick was a hot dog?
2. "Snack time" is even better when you double it up with "cool-down" time.
1. It looks like something from a mad scientist's lair, but this cherry liquid + dry ice drink was the tastiest thing I had all day.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.