"It's not a party without lots of rum punch." This is my new philosophy on all things festive after inventing a rum punch that kicks the ass of all other rum punches. Yeah, it's that good (patting my hungover self on the back).
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
It's a refreshing change from the tooth-achingly sweet versions I've tried before, with an Asian twist. As an added bonus, this punch would be great for a Halloween shindig, because the lychees look like eyeballs.
The Rum Punch that Kicks the Ass of All Other Rum Punches
- ½ Handle of Railean white rum or a white rum of your choice
- ½ fifth of Railean Reserve XO or an aged rum of your choice
- 3 cans of lychees in syrup (20-ounce cans)
- Large handful of Thai basil
- ½ cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 - 3 Persian cucumbers (the small, pickle-sized ones)
- 1 large piece of ginger root
Slice the cucumbers and ginger into large chunks. Muddle half of the cucumbers and all of the ginger with the basil - you may have to do this in batches. Combine all the ingredients in a punch bowl or large cooler. Chill for several hours or overnight to allow the rum to take on all the flavors. Serve over ice and garnish with the remaining cucumber slices. "Chai-o!" - Thai for "Cheers!"