Top 10 Foods to Keep In Your Desk
Let's face it, not everyone eats three square meals a day. We Americans snack, and most of us have boring, sit on your butt all day kind of jobs, and are still too busy to take our lunch breaks.
Below are 10 of the best things to stash in your desk. Most of these are kinda crappy for you, but then you can't keep salad for a year in your desk.
10. Ready-to-eat tuna salad packs: When these first hit the market, we thought, "are people really that lazy that they need to buy these?" Apparently, we got that lazy.
9. Freeze dried/fried veggies: We all know to eat our veggies, but these sorta-healthy veggie snacks are much more fun than a cup of cooked carrots. Sure, they still have a ton of salt, but at least we can trick our brain into thinking they don't.
8. Saltines: When your hungry co-workers ask loudly if anyone has any crackers, you can cackle and hide them in your drawer.
7. Oatmeal packets: Maple brown sugar goodness. These are awesome pre-happy hour snacks.
6. Granola bars: Yeah, some aren't that great for you, but nothing tastes better than oatmeal squeezed together with little chocolate chips when you are really, really hungry.Next Page
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.