Top 5 Gifts for the Baker
It's that time of year again - when we
get give gifts to the ones you love. But what do you get for the baker who has everything? Check out our list for the top 5 gifts for that special baker in your life. If you play your cards right, you may even get some free dessert out of it.
5. The Unique Gift - For something different this holiday season, try buying a Sourdough Starter Kit. This gift is the perfect solution for cooks who are tired of the same old cupcake decorating kits, baking sheets and measuring spoons. You can find tons of different starters online, but I like the Sourdough & Crock Set ($26.50) from King Arthur Flour. The kit comes with fresh sourdough starter, a 1 qt stoneware crock, instructions and recipes. Add on a Sourdough Cookbook, and I see a sourdough pancake thank-you breakfast in your near future.
4. Baking Gadgets & Tools - With so many awesome gadgets out there, I couldn't choose just one. I'm obsessed with a million - like this Linzer Cookie Cutter Set ($25)...or this Cake Batter Dispenser ($29.95)...or a Cupcake Corer ($5)...or these adorable Owl Measuring Cups ($19)...or this omg I'm totally geeking out Marvel Hero Cookie Cutter Set ($19.95). But still, my personal favorite, solely because deep down I'm a serious pyromaniac, has to be the Kitchen Torch ($40). Disclaimer: Make sure to take the gift recipient's maturity level into consideration when purchasing this. With that said, I in no way suggest that anyone gets me this gift.
Guaranteed to make a baker happy.
Photo by Crate & Barrel
3. Serveware - Walk into someone's kitchen/dining area and you'll immediately know if they
suck at like to cook or not. Let your baker show off their talent with an adorable Homemade Cookie Jar ($24.95), to die for Footed Cake Stand ($56.95), or modern 3 Tiered Serving Platter ($27.99).
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- New Restaurant Owners Think Tequila, Tacos and Cocktails Are the Keys to Success in...
- This Week in Houston Food Blogs: Spicy and Spotted Cocktails
- Between Review Visits, Brick & Mortar Kitchen Changed Completely, and Not for the...
- Behind The Brick & Mortar Kitchen Review: A Change on Your Part May Constitute an...