UPDATED: We're Giving Away Two More VIP Tickets to Menu of Menus® and Iron Fork
Get your free VIP tickets to Menu of Menus now!
Photo by Marco Torres
Menu of Menus is a mere week away, and if you haven't gotten your tickets yet, you either need to get on it ASAP before they sell out, or answer these trivia questions correctly and win two VIP tickets!
VIP tickets now cost $90, and general admission tickets are $50. VIP tickets will get diners into the event at 6 p.m. (an hour early) on April 8 at Silver Street Station, as well as complimentary valet. Reminder: This year, the event will be air conditioned!
Both types of tickets will get you into the event with unlimited food and drink samples and access to the Iron Fork competition, where Kevin Bryant of Eleven XI will be facing off against Kevin Naderi of Roost. The two will be presented with a secret ingredient and have a set amount of time to create a meal for three judges: Tyler Horne, market manager at Urban Harvest Farmers' Market, Kelly Landrieu, representative for sponsor Whole Foods, and yours truly, who really likes to eat. Randy Evans of Haven will be hosting the event.
And now, without further ado, here's how to get you some tickets.
To be entered into a drawing to win two VIP tickets, successfully answer the following trivia questions. We'll choose one winner at random from all of the folks who enter and answer every question correctly.
1. Which two items will always be on the menu at Kevin Naderi's restaurant Roost because they're so popular? 2. What would Kevin Naderi's last meal be? 3. What would Kevin Bryant's last meal be? 4. Who is Randy Evans's number one culinary inspiration? 5. Which restaurant was the readers' favorite at Menu of Menus 2013?
Think you've got it? Email kaitlin dot steinberg at houstonpress dot com by 5 p.m. today.
Good luck! And we hope to see you at Menu of Menus 2014!
UPDATE: Congrats Caitlin Maling, who got all answers right and was drawn at random!
For the record, here are the answers.
1. Cauliflower and doughnut holes 2. Dolmas 3. "A rib eye, pounded out, chicken-fried, with mashed potatoes and gravy on it" 4. His mom 5. Frank's Americana Revival
Thanks to everyone who entered. Even though you didn't win, we hope to see you there!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Houston's 5 Best Weekend Food Bets, Plus One More (for America!)
- Upcoming Houston Food Events: A Reverse Beer Dinner With Kevin & Chris
- Openings and Closings in Houston: Bramble (and the Return of Randy Rucker) Arriving Soon
- 100 Favorite Houston Dishes 2015: No. 85, Hunter's Honey Roasted Duck At Brennan's of...