UPDATED: Win Two VIP Tickets to Menu of Menus and Iron Fork
Join us for the Menu of Menus Extravaganza 2014!
Tickets are selling quickly for this year's Menu of Menus Extravaganza, which will be held at Silver Street Station on April 8. The event will feature more than 40 local restaurants with incredible free samples as well as the annual Iron Fork competition, which will pit last year's champ, Kevin Naderi, against a mystery competitor.
The Iron Fork competition is much like the Food Network's Iron Chef. Randy Evans of Haven will moderate as two chefs are given a secret ingredient and 45 minutes to cook up a masterpiece of a meal in front of a live audience and celebrity judges.
If you want to join us for Iron Fork and for all the delicious free samples at Menu of Menus you could go online and buy a VIP ticket for $80.
Or you could enter this giveaway and win two free tickets!
Chef Randy Evans will be back this year to moderate the event.
Photo by Abrahan Garza
To be entered into a drawing to win two VIP tickets, successfully answer the following Iron Fork/Iron Chef trivia questions. We'll choose one winner at random from all of the folks who enter and get every question right.
1. How did Kevin Naderi find the space that would later become Roost? 2. What's the name of the cookbook Randy Evans helped write in 2006? 3. How does the Chairman announce the start of every battle on Iron Chef America? 4. What is Joe Cipriano's role on Iron Chef America? 5. What was the secret ingredient at Iron Fork 2013?
Think you've got it? Email kaitlin dot steinberg at houstonpress dot com by 5 p.m. today.
Good luck! And I hope to see you at Menu of Menus 2014!
UPDATE: Congratulations to Erik Olufsen, who got all the answers right and had his name drawn from the group of folks with right answers.
For the record, the answers were: 1. He was looking for an apartment on Craigslist and found the whole building was available. 2. The Kitchen Table 3. "So now America, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle: 'Allez cuisine!'" 4. Joe Cipriano dubs Morimoto's voice when he speaks Japanese. 5. The 2013 secret ingredient was quinoa. Many of you guessed olives, but that was the 2013 secret ingredient for Iron Fork at our sister paper in Minneapolis, and it is the first hit you get when you search for "Iron Fork 2013 secret ingredient." You just had the city wrong.
Thanks to everyone who entered! Keep an eye out for another VIP ticket giveaway in March!
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- New Restaurant Owners Think Tequila, Tacos and Cocktails Are the Keys to Success in...
- This Week in Houston Food Blogs: Spicy and Spotted Cocktails
- Between Review Visits, Brick & Mortar Kitchen Changed Completely, and Not for the...
- Behind The Brick & Mortar Kitchen Review: A Change on Your Part May Constitute an...