Win 2 VIP Tickets to See Ryan Hildebrand of Triniti Battle Kevin Naderi at the Iron Fork Competition
The second competitor in our Iron Fork competition has been announced, and we've pulled out all the stops: Ryan Hildebrand, executive chef and owner of Triniti, will be going head to head with defending champion Kevin Naderi of Roost to see which chef can make the best two dishes with a secret ingredient that will be revealed at the beginning of the competition. Both talented chefs' restaurants were among our picks for the 10 Best Restaurants of 2012, so this is sure to be a show-stopping performance.
The second annual Iron Fork competition is part of the 2013 Menu of Menus grand tasting event, which takes place on Tuesday, April 9 from 7 to 10 p.m. The cooking competition is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. on the main stage, where Naderi and Hildebrand will be cooking live for a panel of judges -- and for you, their audience.
The chefs will present their dishes at 8:45 p.m. and a winner will be announced at 9 p.m., after which you should stick around and keep grazing through the huge bounty of food we'll have on hand at Silver Street Station. New restaurants are being added to the Menu of Menus line-up every day, including Boudreaux's Cajun Kitchen, Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen, Haven, Nosh Bistro, Pollo Campero, Rainbow Lodge, Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen, BB'S Café, Rawfully Organic, Last Concert Café and -- of course -- Triniti.
If you have VIP tickets, you get entrance to the entire Menu of Menus extravaganza an hour early -- plus, you'll get free valet parking to boot. Here's your chance to win a pair all of your own:
Ryan Hildebrand will face off against Kevin Naderi.
Photo by Mai Pham
The answers to the following questions can all be found on the Houston Press website with just a little searching. If you can get all six, e-mail your answers to katharine dot shilcutt at houstonpress dot com and we'll draw a winner at random (to be notified via email on Tuesday).
1. What sushi restaurant does Ryan Hildebrand frequent on his days off?
2. Every Saturday before service, Hildebrand orders 20 tacos for the entire kitchen -- usually barbacoa and beef fajita tacos -- from what taco truck?
3. Which local architectural firm was responsible for Triniti's interior design, which was recently nominated for a James Beard award?
4. Kevin Naderi graduated alongside fellow chef Grant Gordon from what Houston high school?
5. How old was Naderi when he first started working in the restaurant industry?
6. Who would Naderi choose to prepare his last meal, and what would it be?
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.