Win A Pair Of Tickets To Odd Pair
More than half the tickets to our upcoming Odd Pair event at Absolve on July 25 have already been snapped up. Have you bought yours yet? Like its namesake column, Odd Pair will present an array of eight different tasting stations -- each with a food and wine pairing quite unlike anything you'd see at a gala, chef's tasting dinner or other such fancy function. You can even wear shorts and flip flips to our wine pairing.
If you don't want to spend the $20 for a pair of tickets -- or if you just like the thrill of victory -- you can win a pair of tickets on the house. All you have to do is answer five questions about our previous Odd Pair columns.
The first commenter to answer all five questions correctly wins a pair of Odd Pair tickets, so get on it and get on it fast.
1. What popular Easter candy did we pair with Toad Hollow Risqué sparkling wine?
2. What Odd Pair was described as tasting like "a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich"?
3. What kind of boudain did we pair with a grenach-shiraz blend?
4. Why was Palacio de Bornos Verdejo recommended as a good pairing with tater tots?
5. What wine was recommended for pairing with nachos because of its lack of oaky, buttery taste?
Please leave your email address in the appropriate box below so that you can be contacted if you win. Tickets will be left at the door at Absolve on the day of the event, July 25.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Houston dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Houston's 5 Best Weekend Food Bets, Plus One More (for America!)
- Upcoming Houston Food Events: A Reverse Beer Dinner With Kevin & Chris
- Openings and Closings in Houston: Bramble (and the Return of Randy Rucker) Arriving Soon
- 100 Favorite Houston Dishes 2015: No. 85, Hunter's Honey Roasted Duck At Brennan's of...