Art Attack is the new kid on the blog around here. In late summer, the Houston Press added an arts and culture blog that since its inception has been a repository for internet trends, theater reviews, movie-related rants and general entertainment. Below, we list the 10 most-read stories from the past year and our own brief history.
10. Top 10: Most Controversial Magazine Covers Photographer Terry Richardson's not-so-racy GQ cover featuring the cast of Glee got us thinking about other magazine covers that have been way more shocking.
9. Mark Ballas Says Burn the Floor Is Bad Ass The Dancing With The Stars hottie, fresh off his stint with Bristol Palin as partner, comes to Houston for a touring production of exquisite moves.
8. Inappropriate Office Christmas Party Behavior We gave you the Dos and Don'ts for drinking on the company dime this holiday season.
7. Top 10: Canceled TV Shows We Sorta Miss But hey! At least we salvaged James Franco from Freaks & Geeks.
6. Our Favorite Rolling Stone "Naked" Covers Happy birthday to Rolling Stone and happy birthday to me.
5. Top 10: Sexy Celebrity Mugshots What is it about a jailbird that's sort of hot?
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Top Five: Porn Stars We Follow on Twitter Jesse Jane will tweet about taking her kids to school or having dinner with friends, and an hour later post details about her own signature Fleshlight you can order.
3. Let's Have An Accurate Social Network Movie If David Fincher really wanted to give an accurate representation of what it's like to spend any significant amount of time on Facebook, he would've included this list.
2. Five Disturbing Films, Plus Five More For Good Measure To be truly disturbing, a movie has to hang around, returning unbidden to your consciousness while you're doing normal things, sometimes not even knowing how you've triggered an unwelcome flashback.
1. Top Five: Lame Halloween Costumes Feel free to bookmark for next year.