It's Friday, and the weekend is upon us. If you've got time on your hands and money burning a hole in your pocket, allow us to share a few suggestions on how to spend both.
Whether you're looking for new shoes, a new haircut or a new look from top to bottom, there are plenty of great deals to be had in and around Houston this weekend. And a few of them can be found without ever leaving your house -- hermits rejoice!
From big department stores to boutique shops, there's something for the shopper in all of us.
Okay, everyone, warm up your credit cards.
• Save 50 percent on designer maternity apparel at Pickles & Ice Cream. Dresses, tops and accessories by designers like Maternal America, Milkstars, Belli and more.
• Save 64 percent on a blowout at Stylingbar -- use your coupon Monday through Thursday and they'll throw in a deep-conditioning shot, too.
Cheeky Vintage via Houston Tidbits
Just as we were compiling this little shopping list, the folks over at Houston Tidbits sent us an e-mail letting us know that we can score 25 percent off at Cheeky Vintage -- online or in-store. The sale is a continuation of yesterday's offer, so get on that.
Elaine Turner is holding their semi-annual handbag sale, where you can save up to 50 percent online or in-store. Keep an eye out next week, when you can shop Elaine Turner for a cause. On Thursday, June 27, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., you can stop by Elaine Turner's Rice Village location, where your purchase will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Enjoy light bites and cocktails, and 20 percent of your purchase will go to LLS.
Sephora is celebrating 15 years, offering a host of products for $15 or less. There are lots of goodies to be had here, and we particularly love the Caudalie Divine Oil ($9), the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray ($15) and the Julep Shades of Grey Nail Polish Set ($15 -- a $42 value!).
Department Store Deals
• Nordstrom has the Half Yearly Sale for Men going on right now, so shop till you drop for men's clothes, shoes and accessories. Yes, online, too -- and Nordstrom offers free shipping and free returns, all the time.
• Macy's is currently offering an extra 15 percent off and free shipping with any purchase over $99. Additional online offers include 40 percent off lingerie, 25-50 percent off swimwear, and a gift registry deal good for $20 off when you spend $50 on a registry gift.
• Neiman Marcus also has a variety of online sale offers at the moment: an additional 25 percent off current sale items (savings up to 55 percent); 33 percent off during The Handbag Sale (online only); a spring sale, and more.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.