With another year of Comicpalooza in the books it's time for us to celebrate our favorite part of the convention: the costumes. We admire anyone, whether they put hours in to crafting a outfit or bought it off the rack, who is willing to dress up as their favorite character and head out to the convention. Before we say goodbye for another year we want to take a look at the hottest outfits we saw this year, presented for your viewing pleasure.
Honorable Mention: Let's be honest: the skulls are an essential part of this outfit, but they are a little creepy.
10. This was easily our favorite half-angel/half-unicorn of Comicpalooza.
9. God bless America. God bless Themyscira.
8. We'd love to know where she's boldly going.
7. The Phoenix Force is strong with this one.
6. There's a reason Black Widow is our favorite Avenger. (It's the hair.)
5. In this instance it's perfectly fine to wear all white before Memorial Day.
4. Great outfit, amazing hat.
3. This is why we always side with the Sith.
2. More David Bowie inspired outfits, please.
1. Paint may be our favorite fabric.
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.