Have you heard that they've started to make USB ports for bicycles, which allows mobile devices to be charged while riding?
Put technology to better use, we say, with these five inventions that should be on some smart person's drawing board.
5. Invisible Helmet for the Fashion Conscious "I don't want to mess up my coiffed do" will no longer be heard.
4. Rain-Proof Bubble We're imagining the physical design to look like the "Cone of Silence" in the original Get Smart series.
3. Pothole Laser Leveler Houston would be a huge test market.
2. Bike Nazi Detector Inspired by the Texas Medical Center.
1. Coffee Cup Holder THAT DOESN'T ALLOW SPILLAGE We've tried the Thermos in the saddle bag and the piece of masking tape over the hole in the plastic top hole. Never ever works. Out of everything on this list, this seems like the easiest invention, right?
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.