5. 14 Actors Acting - James Franco The whole country is in love with James Franco. Yes, we all know he's a genius and has about 14 degrees from the best schools in the US. But what makes us love him even more is this video of him seducing himself: He's not just winking at himself, but pop culture as well. LOVE IT!!!
4. Antoine Dodson warns a PERP on LIVE TV! (Original) It could be argued that Antoine was not the top YouTube celebrity of 2010 (Greyson Chance and a string of vloggers would argue against you) but he was definitely the winner of 2010's 15 Minutes of Fame. He went on to have a short career that included mostly appearances on MTV programs. It's because of this video that he'll be known as the Vanilla Ice of his generation.
3. Christine O'Donnell on the Constitution Some confidence was restored in the American people when Delaware did NOT elect Christine O'Donnell this past fall. We may have had to move abroad if this woman had been elected in spite of this video. We're waiting for the sequel starring Sarah Palin to come out any day now.
2. Driscoll Middle School Trick Play This video of a trick football play received over 14 million hits and counting. It's not hard to see why.
1. Luis by Niles Atallah, Cristóbal León & Joaquín Cociña. Produced in Santiago, Chile.
This was one of the videos exhibited at the YouTube/Guggenheim Biennial, Play. Created using stop-motion animation, it tells the story of a little boy confused by love. It's simply amazing!
"Luis is the 2nd short video of the series Lucía, Luis y el Lobo (Lucía, Luis and the Wolf), it is a follow-up to the short video Lucía. The video was shot frame by frame with a digital photo camera. Materials: charcoal, dirt, flowers, found objects and cardboard."
Keep the Houston Press Free... Since we started the Houston Press, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Houston, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Houston with no paywalls.