Summer's back, and although it feels like it's here to stay, Labor Day has its way of creeping up on you. Every year, I give myself a list of things I'd like to accomplish before the end of summer (this usually involves a promise of nightly laps in the pool that I never ever do). This year, I thought it'd be fun to give my taste buds a list of their own.
From restaurants I've been dying to try to a leisurely breakfast in bed, here's my Summer To-Do List:
1. Learn to make the perfect margarita (and show off my skills at a pool party).
2. Finally make homemade jam (this one's been on my radar for a good year). With blackberries, blueberries and raspberries in season, summer is the perfect time.
4. Try at least
three five new food trucks (a food truck crawl may be in order).
5. Spend a weekend in Wine Country, nosh on cheese and discover my new favorite blend of red.
6. Buy rustic wooden trays and serve breakfast in bed. I'm thinking ham, asparagus and Swiss crepes, a bowl of fresh berries, fresh-squeezed orange juice and piping-hot coffee.
7. Add a farmers' market trip to my weekly repertoire and dine al fresco with my finds.
8. Make my first paella and host a moonlit Paella, Tapas & Sangria party.
9. Buy a meat grinder and make my own sausage for the grill
10. Spend a day at the shore and discover a romantic, hole-in-the-wall restaurant.
What are some of your summer to-dos? Which food trucks do you think are a must-try? Will I be able to find a romantic spot at the beach or am I more likely to go home with sunburn and heartburn? Do tell!