The Houston Texans’ 2015 season began with HBO’s Hard Knocks introducing the team to America at large. It took a month of filming and some fancy editing to present to the nation our sometimes thrilling and frequently frustrating NFL franchise. Home Box Office could have saved all that time and money by just directing the curious to the Twitter accounts of Houston’s most notorious rappers. Keeping a tradition alive, we’ve once again collected some of the most insightful Tweets these artists/Texans fans shared on game day. Here’s how they saw Week 1’s too-little-too-late loss 27-20 to the Kansas City Chiefs:
10. Hope Springs Eternal
9. We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Football Reality
8. One For the Record Books: The First Kicker To Miss An Extra Point From The 15-Yard Line Will Always Be a Texan #rulechange #FatRandy
7. The Ghost of Football Past Refuses to Haunt NRG Stadium
6. The Boo Birds Already Flying South For the Winter
5. Keepin' It Grill
4. It's Not Just the QB...
3. But, Mostly It's the QB
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to the mission of the Houston Press. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Houston’s stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
2. Course: Quarterback Controversy 101. Instructor: Professor O'Brien
1. Could Be Another Half-Baked Season, Y'all