The Houston Texans’ 2015 season began with HBO’s Hard Knocks introducing the team to America at large. It took a month of filming and some fancy editing to present to the nation our sometimes thrilling and frequently frustrating NFL franchise; Home Box Office could have saved all that time and money by just directing the curious to the Twitter accounts of Houston’s most notorious rappers.
Keeping a tradition alive, we’ve once again collected some of the most insightful Tweets these artists/Texans fans shared on game day. Here’s how they saw yesterday's home win against the Tennessee Titans. Because our city's rappers are known to keep it real, let's say they were only mildly impressed with the Texans' total domination of the Titans, a team so bad that nearly halfway through the 2015 season, they still haven't matched last year's win total of two. Still, a win is a win, especially when it's against a division rival and vaults you into a momentary tie for first place. So here are ten positive Tweets that kept Houston's rhyme-sayers from being naysayers this weekend:
10. No. 99 + Mettenberger = Smashburger
9. Even When Your Team Is Bad, Go to the Games and Show Support #truefans
8. Okay, This One Might Be Sarcasm...
7. The Texans Did More Sacking Than the Baggers at H-E-B Today
6. Let's Make #HoplineBling Go Viral
5. It's All in the Socks
4. Kevin Johnson Has Been a Bright Spot This Season. Congrats On His First NFL Career Interception
3. Game Ball to the Man With the Best Football (or Action Movie) Name: Mercilus.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. Nate Washington With an Amazing, Body-Sacrificing TD Grab
1. Why You Gotta Bring Up Old Shit, @DJAudiTory?