Due to the coronavirus, many events have been canceled or postponed, and our listings may not reflect those changes. Please check with organizers before making plans.
Find out who has the best roux in Houston on Saturday, January 30 from 1-8pm at the 3rd Annual Cedar Creek Gumbo Cook-Off benefiting Summerhouse Houston. We’re going to have a safe, great time sampling some of Houston’s BEST amateur gumbo recipes! Plus Enjoy LIVE Music from Snit's Dog and Pony Show. $10 Ticket Includes:
• Tasting Wristband for Houston's best gumbo from your favorite locals!
• People's Choice Vote. $25 Ticket Includes:
• Cook-Off T-Shirt - Don't forget to include your size when purchasing a ticket
• Tasting Wristband for Houston's best gumbo from local favorites
• People's Choice Vote.
Note: Makeup dates will be added for cancellation due to bad weather
HAVE YOU GOT THE BEST ROUX IN HOU?
• Enter your Team of 4. $100 Registration Fee - ENTER NOW AS WE ARE LIMITED TEAMS WITH COVID RULES.
• There are no guidelines or “Type” of gumbo. Anything and everything can be used, but remember gumbo will be judged on taste alone.
Grand Prize: $500 cash prize + trophy + all bragging rights
2nd Place: $200 cash prize + trophy
3rd Place $100 cash prize + trophy
People's Choice: $100 cash prize + trophy + $50 Creek Giftcard. [Organizer's description]