Avalon Diner is still serving up some of the best greasy-spoon food in the city. The place is usually filled with regulars, and the waitstaff has been there for ages. There's something for every diner craving--from Blue Plate Special comfort food to arterially challenging breakfast staples. The lure of breakfast food all day long is reason enough to stop by and check out this Houston classic.
Photo by Houston Press Staff
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Sidewalk tables
- Alcohol: No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay