Housed in a charming '30s-era house, Backstreet Cafe lies just off of South Shepherd in River Oaks. Cozy up in one of three intimate dining rooms as you nosh on jazzed-up Southern and Italian classics from renowned chef Hugo Ortega. Standouts include the seafood-stuffed Gulf Coast beignets, pecan-crusted chicken, and eggs Benedict over cheddar-chive biscuits. The restaurant also has a brilliantly curated wine list from sommelier Sean Beck. When the weather is nice, be sure to sit under the tall trees out on Backstreet's stunning New Orleans-esque patio, it's easily one of the best in town.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Tuesday 3-9 p.m.; Wednesday-Friday 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Free, On-street, Valet
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats