Order at the counter from an extensive menu, then find a spot and read one of the free newspapers while you wait. Breakfasts include outstanding omelets, waffles and pancakes. Sandwiches to try are the rustic grilled cheese with cheddar, mozzarella and a slice of peppered bacon, and the pot roast. Salads are huge and include such favorites as the Asian tuna and the sirloin steak. Be sure to leave room for the desserts: bread pudding, chocolate cannoli and Italian cream cake.
Photo by Houston Press Staff
- Price: $, $$, $$$
- Hours: Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 7 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 7 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Heated outdoor space
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering
- Meal kits for home preparation
- Options may vary by location
- Use restaurant website to order/pay